IV SEDATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (over 18) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Patient’s under the age of 18 will require a parent or legal guardian present.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery. All finger nail polish and artificial nails must be removed. Also, all tongue rings, lip rings, and nose rings must be removed.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.